Tuesday, June 19, 2007

My N70 display gave up its ghost!

So, it gave a violent shake and took its last breadth.... it was by good fortune that I switched on the bluetooth connection with my laptop and perform a backup of the phone (plus transfer of pictures which I took for the past 2 weeks)....

Now, I can only receive calls using my N70, I can't read SMS, cannot write SMS, cannot really take photo (since I cannot see the image before aiming nor savour it after taking the snapshot).

Why must it die a premature death before my phone contract (yes, I sent it once for servicing before the warranty was due)?.... now that the warranty is void... I must look out for another phone... or a camera that I can use as a phone... or a multi-function communication device (PDA + camera + phone + ....)

The bad thing about having so many of these features on the phone is that it breaks all so easily. I was suprised to hear from my close friend Ling that all her friends gave up on Nokia N-series, complaining of all sorts of breakdowns. ...

So, I am using my old and faithful Nokia 6610 .... it is amazing - it is still working and outlasted so many other phones... the only thing that broke was the cover which I have replaced. Actually, it is Theophilus' phone now (he is kind enough to return it back to me as a temporary loan - without whinning and no complaints, no grumbles... just kind words)... but well... I will need it till I find another for myself.

To commemorate the death of my phone... here are some last shots that it took for me over the weekend....



The boy at Vivio City's playground...



Gracia under the cool shade...



It is always good to have a loving brother....



Gracia lost her patience while waiting for her ice-cream to come...


No comments: