Saturday, November 28, 2009

A christian father's chronicle (Worrying reports)

It has been with me for a week. A conversation with a fellow parent. A parent of my son's friend. She has brought me a  report about an unexplainable exodus of preachers at Pei Hwa Presbyterian Primary School. I sat there motionless and speechless.

I queried anxiously of the reason behind their departure. Theophilus came home one evening, I recalled, and mentioned that one of the preacher is leaving. I didn't realized that that was the second one to go, and the last one leaves when the school terms ended.

Needless to say, I am concerned. The primary reason why we have chosen this school is because of its rich christian influence. Chapel sessions. Verses on walls. Last year, I wrote on this.

I am left wondering whether are there other parents who might have similar concerns. What is the reason behind their departure? Why all of them are leaving? I am a little upset that the leadership of the school (including the board) did not address this area through writing to the parents.

I hope they address the root cause of this exodus soon, else we (as parents) will need to do something about it.

No comments: