Wednesday, October 31, 2007

IQ tests (Part 2)

Sometimes, I really wonder the accuracy of IQ test. I was directed to another one of these IQ test just a moment ago. And this time, here is my result:



Your IQ score is 122
This number is based on a scientific formula that compares how many questions you answered correctly on the Classic IQ Test relative to others.

Your Intellectual Type is Visual Mathematician. This means you are gifted at spotting patterns — both in pictures and in numbers. These talents combined with your overall high intelligence make you good at understanding the big picture, which is why people trust your instincts and turn to you for direction — especially in the workplace. And that's just some of what we know about you from your test results.



Heh, must I remind you that I am an average guy - holding an average job, but relatively happy? Apart from vanity, there is little contribution to such test to me.

There was a moment which Yan and myself debated whether we should expose Theophilus to such test. We are not that keen. But we know that they might go through such a test (optional) during primary 3 for screening out the top-level talents. It is a tool that is used by the Ministry of Education to identify those super-talented-gifted children. Send them to special programmes and maybe make them to be the leaders of the next generation.

Well.... whatever it is, I know I am hovering between some numbers and most likely those numbers are skewed by how many sandwiches I taken in the morning.

Oops! They did mention that "Most adult intelligence tests are designed for people who are at least 16 years old. For this reason, if you are younger than 16, your Tickle IQ score might be slightly lower than your "true" IQ." Guess, I am not handicapped due to the inevitable aging process (is it still known as the 2nd law of Theomodynamics?)

There was a cute comment on that test site:

wow! im thankful for taking a logi course this year! i scored 124! i felt bad at first, think it was out of 1000! lol!

Ha ha ha ha

Well, I hope I didn't fail too. But what the hack? Life is more than mere intelligence.

No comments: